Top-Secret Recipe for Truffled Eggs and Butter
This recipe is featured in White Truffles
- 2 very small, ripe Oregon white truffles
- 1 dozen eggs, in their packaging
- .45 kg (1 pound) unsalted butter, packaged as four sticks, in original cardboard packaging
1. For truffled eggs: Open egg container, insert one truffle. Refrigerate for one week and use eggs as needed. The yolk and white will have absorbed the aroma and will taste subtly of truffle.
2. For truffled butter: Open butter box, insert one truffle. Aroma will be absorbed through the paper the sticks are wrapped in and butter will taste subtly of truffle. Use to make truffled eggs, or squirrel potpie.
3. If you have homemade butter in a Tupperware or other container, simply suspend a truffle in a sling made of parchment paper over the butter. Seal the container and refrigerate. Use as needed, discarding the truffle when the butter has acquired the desired amount of aroma.