Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
This recipe is featured in Pumpkin: A Contemplation
- Seeds scooped from your pumpkin
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- Chili powder
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
Remove any fibers or strings from the seeds and spread them out on a baking sheet to dry overnight.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350ºF). Toss the dried seeds with the olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet, or in an iron skillet, for 15 -20 minutes, stirring once or twice.
2. Dry on paper towels and season with salt and chili powder; add generous pinch of cayenne pepper to the chili powder if you like them really hot.