This recipe is featured in Israeli Breakfast and the Shuk
Adapted from Anat Levi Spiero.
- 425 grams (15 ounces) canned organic chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 240 ml (1 cup) pure tahini paste
- 75 ml (5 tablespoons) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1.25 ml (¼ teaspoon) salt, or as needed
- 2 ml (⅓ teaspoon) cumin, or as needed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Paprika, optional
- Finely chopped parsley, optional
- Pita bread, for serving
1. Place chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic in a food processor. Add 120 ml (½ cup) cold water and blend until smooth. Adjust seasonings as needed.
2. Before serving, spread few tablespoons hummus on a plate and drizzle with some olive oil. If desired, sprinkle with paprika and chopped parsley . Serve with pita bread.