Tuscan-Style Pasta e Fagioli
This recipe is featured in Food for Eyes
- Servings 6
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 425 grams (15 ounce) canned Great Northern beans
- 425 grams (15 ounces) canned kidney beans
- 907 grams (32 ounce) chicken broth
- 3 leaves Swiss chard, including stems, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 237 ml (1 cup) spaghetti, snapped into 2.5 cm (1-inch) pieces
1. Heat oil in a large, deep pot over medium heat. Add carrots, onion, and celery, and sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add beans, chicken broth, and Swiss chard, and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package instructions for al dente.