This recipe is featured in Karimah's Kitchen
- Servings Serves 6 to 8
- 118 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 454 grams (1 pound) French-cut green beans
- ½ teaspoon Lebanese 7-spice powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large tomatoes, cored and diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cooked rice or pita bread, for serving (optional)
1. In a large sauté pan, heat the oil and sauté the onions until tender. Add the garlic, green beans, 7-spice powder, and cinnamon. Stir in 2 cups water, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, and bring the Loubi to a boil while adjusting the salt. Reduce the heat to medium low, and let it cook for 30 minutes.
3. Serve warm over rice, or cold with a side of pita bread.