This recipe is featured in Hobo Stew and Banana Boats
Ingredients are per person:
- 1 large unpeeled ripe banana
- Miniature chocolate chips or chopped Hershey milk chocolate bar
- Miniature marshmallows
- 12-inch square piece of heavy-duty foil
1. Leaving the banana in the peel, cut it lengthwise down to — but not through — the peel at the bottom, leaving 1/2 inch uncut at each end.
2. Open the peel and banana wide to form a pocket. Fill with the desired amount of chocolate and miniature marshmallows. Crimp and shape the foil around the banana, forming a boat.
3. Place the foil boat in the coals of a fire until the marshmallows melt and are golden brown – about 5 minutes. Open carefully and eat with a spoon.