Banana Nut Chutney
This recipe is featured in Bermuda, Done Differently
- 85 grams (½ cup) toasted almonds, crushed
- 85 grams (½ cup) toasted walnuts, crushed
- 4 large Bermuda bananas*, cut into one inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 50 grams (¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 30 ml (1 ounce) brandy
* Bermuda bananas are about 15 cm (6 inches) long, so if substituting other bananas adjust as needed.
1. Place a large skillet over medium heat and melt the butter. When it begins to brown, add the bananas. Sauté until they are golden, 2-3 minutes. Add the brandy and carefully light with a match, allowing the flames to die down as the alcohol burns off.
2. Add the nuts, salt, sugar, and 60 ml (2 ounces) water. Raise heat to high and stir until the liquid is reduced to syrup. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish. May be served hot or cold.