Sweet and Spicy Almonds
This recipe is featured in Good-For-You Snacks
- Servings Makes 50 g (1.76 ounces)
- 50g (1.76 ounces) whole almonds
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) runny honey
- 2.5 ml (½ teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 2.5 ml (½ teaspoon) chili powder
- A pinch of coarse sea salt
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Put the almonds into a non-stick pan and fry over a medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, shaking them frequently.
3. Add the spices to the pan and mix them with the almonds.
4. Pour over the honey and coat the almonds in the sticky mixture.
5. Continue to cook for a further minute, stirring constantly.
6. Tip the almonds onto the parchment paper and leave to cool for 10 minutes (after 5 minutes sprinkle over the sea salt).
7. Break apart any clusters and enjoy.