Masala Burgers with Cilantro-Mint Chutney
This recipe is featured in From Karachi to California: The Pakistani-American Kitchen
- Servings Makes 6 burgers
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- .453 kg (1 pound) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon coriander, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon cumin, coarsely ground
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, for serving
1. Begin by sautéing the onions in the vegetable oil over medium heat until translucent. Allow to cool. Place in a large bowl along with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture evenly into 6 parts and form patties. Indent the middle of each patty to prevent them from puffing up while cooking.
3. Grill over high heat, 5-7 minutes on each side for medium-well and 7-10 minutes for well-done. Place each patty on a hamburger bun, and top with Cilantro-Mint Chutney and other toppings as desired.