This recipe is featured in Serrano Ham
- Servings Serves 5 to 6
- 200 grams (7 ounces) stale (hard) bread, or as needed
- 160 ml (½ cup) extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
- 1 kilo (35 ounces) very ripe tomatoes, peeled*
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 hardboiled egg, sliced
- Strips of Serrano ham, for garnish
* To peel tomatoes, place in boiling water for about 20 seconds or until the skin is slightly loosened. Peel by rubbing off the skin under cold running water.
1. In a blender combine the bread, oil, and a splash of water. Allow to sit a moment so the bread is soaked. Add the tomatoes, garlic, and salt.
2. Blend until the mixture is both thick and soupy. Add additional bread for thickening, or water or oil for thinning.
3. To serve, ladle portions into soup bowls and top with sliced egg and Serrano ham.