Broken Eggs with Serrano Ham
This recipe is featured in Serrano Ham
- Servings Serves 2 to 4
- Olive oil
- 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly lengthwise
- 3 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 3 long thin slices Serrano ham
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat a generous amount of olive oil. Add potato slices and fry, turning as needed, until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate and set aside to keep warm.
2. In the same oil, fry the eggs to taste, breaking the yolks and seasoning with salt. Transfer to a plate to keep warm.
3. In the same oil, fry the strips of ham very briefly so that they don’t become toughened. Transfer to paper towels to remove excess oil.
4. To serve, on each plate place an equal portion of potatoes. Top with an egg and place a ham strip on top. Serve hot.