This recipe is featured in Feeding the Restaurant Crew
- Servings Serves about 15
- 237 ml (1 cup) canola oil
- 2 onions, diced small
- 2 fennel bulbs, diced small
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) ground coriander
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) paprika
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) ground cumin
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) ground black pepper
- 946 ml (4 cups) white wine
- One 4.5 kg (10 pound) can puréed tomatoes
- 2.2 kg (5 pounds) pollock, diced
- 2.2 kg (5 pounds) cooked peeled, diced potatoes
- One 4.5 kg (10 pound) can diced red bell peppers
1. In a large wide pan combine the oil, onion, fennel, garlic, and jalapeno. Stir in the coriander, paprika, cumin, and pepper. Cover and sweat over medium-low heat, stirring as needed, until tender but not browned.
2. Add the wine and cook uncovered for a few minutes. Add the tomato purée and bring to a simmer. Add the pollock, cover, and bring to a simmer.
3. Add the potatoes and red peppers, and simmer until well heated. Season with salt to taste.