Raspberry Beer Sorbet
This recipe is featured in Lindemans Lambic Beers
- Servings Serves 4
- 100 grams/½ cup sugar
- 177 ml/¾ cup Lindemans Framboise Lambic beer
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar with ½ cup water. Place over low heat until the sugar dissolves, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Puree the raspberries in a blender or food processor. Place in a fine-meshed strainer set over a medium bowl, and stir with a rubber spatula, forcing the puree through. Add the cooled sugar mixture and beer to the raspberry puree, and mix well.
3. Freeze the sorbet in an ice cream maker, according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to an airtight container and place in freezer until solid, at least 3 hours. To serve, place small scoops of sorbet in bowls, and garnish each bowl with a sprig of mint.