Front Street Raspberry Fizz
This recipe is featured in Refreshing Summer Drinks with Lime
- Servings Makes 1 mocktail
- ¼ cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 15 ml (½ fluid ounce) lime juice
- 89 ml (3 fluid ounces) raspberry syrup (see note)
- Dash of bitters
- 30 ml (1 fluid ounce) sparkling water (Perrier or seltzer), or to taste
- Sprig of mint, for garnish, optional
Note: To make raspberry syrup, combine 125 grams (½ pint) fresh raspberries with 100 grams (½ cup) sugar and 237 ml (8 fluid ounces) water. Bring to a boil, mashing the berries, then remove from heat. Cool and strain. May be refrigerated for up to one week.
In a cocktail shaker, combine the mint and lime juice. Muddle the mint, and add the raspberry syrup and bitters. Fill shaker with ice, and shake well.
Strain into an ice-filled highball glass and top with sparkling water, or strain into a cocktail glass, top with sparkling water, and garnish with mint.