Pan-Roasted Chicken with Cherry Beer Sauce
This recipe is featured in Lindemans Lambic Beers
Adapted from Emeril Lagasse, courtesy of Merchant du Vin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 355 ml (1½ cups) Lindemans Kriek Cherry Lambic
- 236 ml (1 cup) dark chicken stock
- 57 grams (½ cup) dried cherries
- 59 ml (¼ cup) heavy cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Chives, for garnish
1. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, combine the olive oil and butter. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
2. Add the chicken pieces to the pan, skin side down, and cook until well browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Turn the chicken over, add the shallots, and sear until golden brown on the other side, about 5 more minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Carefully deglaze with beer, scraping the bottom of the pan, and cook until the beer is reduced by half, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon cornstarch and stir until smooth.
3. Add the chicken stock, dried cherries, cream, lemon juice, and thyme and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the chicken is just cooked through. Serve garnished with chives.