Mixed Local Mushrooms Sautéed in Sunflower Oil
- Servings 2 as a side dish
- 22 ml (1½ tablespoons) sunflower oil
- 1-2 cloves peeled garlic, finely chopped
- 170 grams (6 ounces) mixed fresh mushrooms, sliced or roughly chopped if large
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 15-30 ml (1-2 tablespoons) finely chopped fresh parsley, optional
1. In a large skillet over low heat, combine the oil and the garlic. Stir until the garlic is fragrant and beginning to color, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and stir well. Season very lightly with salt and pepper. Raise heat to medium, and continue to stir until mushrooms are softened and beginning to release liquid, about 3 minutes.
3. Continue stirring and raise heat a bit more in order to brown the edges of the mushroom pieces. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
4. When the mushrooms are tender and browned, and the liquid in the pan has mostly evaporated, add the parsley. Remove pan from heat, and transfer mixture to a serving dish or bowl.