Miso Butter Portobello Mushroom Skewers
This recipe is featured in Asian Cooking for Gluten Free Diets
*Metric conversions by The Cook’s Cook
For the marinade:
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) minced shallot
- 1 green onion, (white and green parts), finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) gluten-free miso paste
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) San-J Tamari
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) TYKU gluten-free sake
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) chicken broth
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) gluten-free oyster sauce
- .45 kg (1 pound) portobello mushroom, sliced .6 cm (¼-inch) thick
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Finely chopped green onions, for garnish
1. For the marinade: Heat the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted; add the garlic, shallot and green onion and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add the miso, soy sauce, sake, chicken broth and oyster sauce and stir for 30 seconds. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
3. To assemble and finish: Add the mushrooms to the marinade and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Skewer the mushrooms and grill over medium-high heat until just tender and slightly charred, about 2-3 minutes per side. Brush with remaining marinade occasionally while mushrooms cook. Garnish with more green onions and serve immediately.