This recipe is featured in Feeding the Restaurant Crew
- Servings Makes 4.5 kg (10 pounds) to serve a crew
- 4.5 kg (10 pounds) potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1.1 kg (2½ pounds) butter, cubed
- 591 ml (2½ cups) hot milk
- 75 ml (5 tablespoons) salt
- 20 ml (1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon) ground black pepper
1. Simmer potatoes until tender.
2. Run potatoes through the medium blade of a food mill.
3. Using a potato masher, mix in the remaining ingredients. May be refrigerated for up to three days.