This recipe is featured in A Turkish Family Reunion
- Servings Serves 2
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 416 grams (2¼ cups) long grain white rice, washed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the dried currants in a small bowl, cover with warm water, and let them soak for 20 minutes.
2. Heat the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and pine nuts and sauté until softened, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the rice and cinnamon and season generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour in enough hot water to just cover the rice, stir in the drained currants, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and leave uncovered for 10 minutes. Serve hot.