Potatoes Roasted with Sweet Pepper Paste
This recipe is featured in Massa de Pimentão, Portuguese Sweet Red Pepper Paste
- Servings Serves 6
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) sweet paprika
- 13 ml (1 scant tablespoon) Sweet Red Pepper Paste (see recipe*)
- 1 bay leaf crumbled
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) finely chopped parsley
- 1.25 ml (¼ teaspoon) ground black pepper
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) white wine
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 6 medium-large Red Bliss or other roasting potatoes, peeled, rinsed, patted dry
1. Preheat oven 190°C (375°F).
2. With a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic with the paprika, forming a paste. Incorporate the pepper paste, bay leaf, parsley, black pepper, and wine. Drizzle in the olive oil, and mix into a spreadable paste.
3. Cut potatoes into quarters. In a bowl, mix the potatoes with the seasoning paste, turning to coat completely. Transfer to a roasting pan or baking dish and cover with foil. Roast for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, remove foil, turn the potatoes and continue to roast for 30 minute more, uncovered, until tender. Season with salt if needed.