Easy Smoked Salmon Spread
I love smoked salmon. It’s tasty, works well for low fat and low carb diets, and it’s so versatile in salads, on Eggs Benedict for brunch, thrown in some scrambled eggs, or in any of a myriad of appetizer applications. One of my absolute favorite appetizers is also one of the easiest. Another benefit of this smoked salmon spread is that I can keep it low carb for myself by using veggie dippers and appease the non veggie lovers with assorted crackers.
- 227 grams (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 118 ml (1/2 cup) 5% Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) chopped fresh dill fronds, or to taste
- 142-170 grams (5-6 ounces) smoked salmon, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Flaky salt (optional)
- Using a mixer or food processor, blend together the cream cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice, and on high speed until fluffy.
2. Add the yogurt, garlic, scallion, jalapeno, and dill. Mix on medium-low until well blended. Add the salmon, and season lightly with salt and pepper. Mix, taste, and adjust seasoning and dill as needed. If desired, add a little flaky salt to taste.
3. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill for at least 30 minutes. Serve as a spread on crackers or toast points, or as a crudité with fresh vegetables.