Avocado and Smoked Salmon Topped Rice Cakes
This recipe is featured in Good-For-You Snacks
A nutrient-dense fruit (fruit! who knew?), avocados are a great source of potassium and monounsaturated fats. You can often find me with an avocado in one hand, spoon in the other, tucking into one of these beauties and later looking guilty as my mum asks, “Where have all the avocados gone!?” Paired with lemon, cream cheese, and smoked salmon, it’s a match made in heaven.
- Servings Makes 2
- 2 unsalted, plain rice cakes
- Half an avocado
- A thin covering of cream cheese
- A few strips of smoked salmon
- Lemon juice
- Ground pepper
- Chilli flakes (optional)
1. Slice your avocado in half and scoop out the flesh from one half, transfer it to a bowl and roughly mash it up.
2. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese onto the two rice cakes, followed by the avocado. Top with a few strips of smoked salmon, squeeze over the lemon juice and sprinkle with the ground pepper and chilli flakes.