Breakfast Onion Rings with Eggs
- Several breaded onion rings, homemade or from a bag of frozen fried onion rings
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced hatch chilies or other chilies of your choice
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded cheese of your choice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, for greasing skillet
- Whether using home made onion rings or purchased, air fry them until almost done. You don’t want them too too done since you’re about to cook them again.
2. In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg, then add the bell peppers, hatch chilies, scallions, and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Put rings into a well-greased hot skillet. You’ll want to put them flattest side down. Start by putting just a spoonful of mix into each ring and let it almost set; what you’re doing is creating a seal at the bottom. The goal is for the egg mixture not to leak too much; it will, but you’re trying to keep it to a minimum.
4. Then spoon in the rest of your egg mix into each ring. It will leak. Don’t touch the leaked filling until the end. If you pull it away too early, more leaking will happen. Let it be. You can cut the extra egg off when you serve. (But eat that cut-off extra egg! It’s yummy!)