Angel-Hair Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
This recipe is featured in Camping and Cooking with Kids
Recipe reprinted from The Down and Dirty Guide to Camping with Kids (Roost Books 2012). Metric conversions added by The Cook‘s Cook.
- Servings Serves 6
- 454 grams (1 pound) angel-hair pasta
- 85 grams (3 ounces) julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 125 grams (1¼ cup) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 59 ml (¼ cup) milk
- 7 grams (½ cup) fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In camp, put dried tomatoes in a small bowl, then pour boiling water over them. Let them soften for 5 minutes.
2. Drain the tomatoes.
3. Cook the pasta according to directions. (Angel-hair pasta cooks quickly, so it’s a good choice for backpacking, too.)
4. Strain the pasta.
5. Mix the tomatoes, 100 grams (1 cup) Parmesan, basil, milk, and olive oil or butter into the pasta.
6. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle each serving with remaining shredded cheese.