Apple Pie S’mores
This recipe is featured in Camping and Cooking with Kids
Recipe reprinted from The Down and Dirty Guide to Camping with Kids (Roost Books 2012). Metric conversions added by The Cook‘s Cook.
- Servings Serves 4
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
For the S'mores
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 8 graham cracker squares
- 4 marshmallows
1. At home, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small plastic baggie.
2. At camp, peel, core, and slice the apples into 1.2 cm (½ -inch) wedges. Place the slices on a large square of foil and sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mix. Wrap the foil into an airtight packet.
3. Once the fire has burned down, place the foil pack on hot coals and cook for 5–10 minutes.
4. Place a few cooked apple slices on four graham cracker squares.
5. Roast the marshmallows.
6. Set the roasted marshmallows on the apples, top with second graham cracker square, and gently squeeze while removing roasting stick.