Watermelon Salad with Feta & Mint
This easy to assemble summer delight will be your go-to for all occasion entertaining, be it a brunch, luncheon or dinner. Serve at potlucks, picnics, for a cooling side dish or sweet and somewhat savory dessert. Light and refreshing, the watermelon salad is bursting with complex, yet familiar, flavors.
- Servings For 6 or so
- 71 ML (1/3 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 45 ML (3 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) sea salt
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) Tabasco sauce
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoons) freshly ground black pepper
- One 3.6 Kg ( 8-pound) seedless watermelon, scooped into balls with a melon baller or cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks, chilled
- 227-340 grams (8 – 12 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
- 296 ml (1 ¼ cups) pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 medium red onion, small dice
- 80 ml (¾ cup) mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, salt, Tabasco and pepper.
2. In a serving bowl gently toss together watermelon, feta, olives and onion. Add dressing, and toss again. Garnish with mint and serve.