Vinegar (Chess) Pie
This recipe is featured in A Chess Pie by Any Other Name…
This traditional Southern pie can also be made as a pecan pie. For a pecan pie dust 237 ml (1 cup) of pecans with flour and fold into mixture before pouring into the pie shell.
- 3 eggs
- 237 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 4 ounces butter (melted and cooled)
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) corn meal
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) corn syrup
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 23 cm (9 inch) unbaked pie shell (preferably frozen)
Mix all ingredients. Pour into pie shell and bake at 177 degrees C (350 degrees F) for 1 hour.