Roast Leg of Lamb – Tandoori Style
This recipe is featured in Parsi Tandoors and Tandoori Roast Leg of Lamb
- Servings 6
For the Marinade:
- 237 ml (8 ounces) thick plain yogurt
- 59-89 ml (2-3 ounces) fresh lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) freshly ground ginger
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) freshly grated lime zest
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) salt
- 7.5 ml (1½ teaspoons) red chilli powder or paprika
- 7.5 ml (1½ teaspoons) ground coriander seed
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) ground cumin
- 5 m l (1 teaspoon) garam masala
- 2.5 ml (½ teaspoon) turmeric
- 2.5 ml (½ teaspoon) mustard powder
- One 2.3-2.7 kg (5-6 lb) leg of lamb
- In a bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients.
2. Rub the marinade over the leg of lamb, and let it marinate overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 191°C (375°F). Line a roasting pan with a large sheet of foil, and place the lamb on it, leaving the foil flat. Cook the roast uncovered for 30 minutes. Turn the roast and bring the sides of the foil up to enclose the meat. Reduce the temperature to 177°C (350°F) and cook until the lamb is really soft and coming off the bone, about 3 more hours. Let it stand and rest for 10 minutes before serving.