New Potato Salad with Fresh Herbs and Nasturtium Capers
This recipe is featured in Making Capers from Nasturtiums in Zambia, Africa
You will need Five-Minute Homemade Mayonaisse for this recipe.
- Servings 4
For the salad
- 550 grams (1¼ pounds) new potatoes, halved or quartered depending on their size
- 100 grams (1 cup) spring onions, finely sliced (save the green ends for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons nasturtium capers, roughly chopped
- 1 tin (55g/2oz) anchovies, roughly chopped
- 1 heaped cup fresh herbs, roughly chopped. I used mint, dill, basil, parsley, chives and thyme
- Optional: Nasturtium/chive flowers for garnish
For the dressing
- Five-Minute Homemade Mayonnaise*
- 125 grams (½ cup) plain yogurt
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water, about 10-12 minutes. Watch them carefully: they should be cooked but not breaking apart. Drain in a colander and then run under cold water to cool.
2. Make the Five-Minute Homemade Mayonnaise, mixing in the yogurt, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Gently combine the mayonnaise with the fresh herbs, reserving a tablespoon of herbs for garnish.
4. Combine the potatoes with the capers and anchovies, and then mix in the herb mayonnaise.
5. Garnish with remaining fresh herbs and green ends of the spring onions.