PB & Honey Pockets
This recipe is featured in Back to School Lunches: Kids Can Make Their Own
Recipe excerpted from Cooking Class (c) by Deanna F. Cook, photography (c) by Julie Bidwell, used with permission from Storey Publishing.
Have you seen those crustless peanut butter sandwiches in the store? Instead of buying them, here’s how to make your own healthier and tastier version at home.
- Servings Makes 2 pockets
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 slices soft sandwich bread
- 2–3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey or jam
- Small round cookie cutter
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO:
1. Roll one slice of the bread flat with a rolling pin.
2. Cut out two small circles with a round cookie cutter.
3. Spread a little peanut butter on one bread circle and a little honey or jam on the other. Don’t go all the way to the edges.
4. Put the circles together to make a round sandwich. Using the tines of a fork, seal the sandwich pocket. Repeat the steps with the second slice of bread.