Chinese Glazed Salmon
This recipe is featured in Asian Cooking for Gluten Free Diets
*Metric conversions by The Cook’s Cook
- Servings Serves 4 as part of a multi-course meal
- 85 grams (½ cup) brown sugar
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) San-J Tamari
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) gluten-free hoisin sauce
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) peeled and minced fresh ginger
- .6 ml (⅛ teaspoon) crushed red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) dark sesame oil
- 750 grams (1½ pounds) salmon fillet
1. Whisk all the ingredients except the salmon in a small bowl until blended. Pour half of this marinade over the salmon, turning until covered. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Place the remaining marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 14 minutes or until the marinade forms a glaze.
3. Pre-heat broiler. Place the salmon on a broiler pan. Broil salmon until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
4. Remove salmon from the broiler. Transfer to a platter and brush glaze over the salmon. Serve immediately with hot steaming rice.