Beefy Pilaf for Dogs
This recipe is featured in How to Cook for Your Pet
From How to Cook for Your Pet (Strategic Book Group), by Dr. Amy Cousino
- 454 grams (1 pound) ground beef chuck
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 185 grams (1 cup) long-grain rice (to make 555 grams/3 cups when cooked)
- 220 grams (½ cup) cooked peas
- ½ teaspoon low-sodium salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Beef broth, homemade (not canned or bouillon)
1. Sauté beef in oil until brown and fully cooked. Cook rice in a separate pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine beef, rice, peas, salt, and oregano. Mix in broth as needed to moisten. Allow to cool for a few minutes, and serve.
Nutrition Facts and Feeding Guide
Total fat 88.2 grams 36%
Total carbohydrates 146 grams 30%
Fiber 5 grams
Protein 122 grams 25%
13.6 kg (30 pounds) Adult spayed dog @ 1,142 calories per day
Above recipe yields enough for 1-1/2 days of meals.
Double the recipe to make 3 days of meals.
Supplies Vitamin A &C, B Vitamins, Calcium, Iron
To reduce fat calories, drain beef before mixing.