This recipe is featured in The Evolution of Sliders
This recipe originally came from Block Six, a restaurant in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA which is now closed. The recipe was created by Chef Sam Ostrow.
For the vegetables:
- 200 grams (7 ounces, about 1/4 of a cabbage) white or Napa cabbage, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 3 scallions (white and green parts), julienned
For the dressing:
- 59 ml (1/4 cup) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons nigella or poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place all of the julienned vegetables in a bowl and set aside.
2. Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together. The consistency should be that of a heavy salad dressing. Based on the thickness of your mayonnaise you may need to adjust the amount of vinegar slightly to achieve the desired consistency.
3. Pour the dressing over the slaw and mix well.