This recipe is featured in Allergy-Friendly School Lunches From Around the World
- Servings Makes about 355 ml (1 1/2 cups); recipe may be doubled easily.
- 5 red apples
- 1.25 ml (¼ teaspoon) saffron
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
1. Peel, core, and slice apples evenly.
2. Combine apples, saffron, sugar, and cinnamon in a 2 liter (2-quart) saucepan with 59 ml (¼ cup) water. Simmer over medium-low heat until apples are very soft, about 15 minutes.
3. Using an immersion (stick) blender, purée the apples until smooth.