Funfetti Blondies with Buttercream Frosting
Let’s put some fun in classic blondies by turning them into funfetti blondies with a buttercream frosting…That’s what happens when you got someone who wants birthday-cake cupcakes and someone else wants blondies….You mix both for a fun dessert!
For the blondies:
- Vegetable oil or nonstick spray, for greasing pan
- 205 grams (7 ounces wt) white chocolate
- 120 grams (4 ounces wt) soft butter
- 2 large eggs
- 75 grams (6 tablespoons) granulated sugar
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 160 grams (1 cup/5.6 ounces wt) all-purpose flour
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) salt
- 55 grams (2 ounces wt) color edible confetti
For the buttercream frosting:
- 355 grams (1 1/2 cups) icing/confectioners sugar
- 175 grams (6 ounces) soft butter
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 15-20 ml (3-4 teaspoons) heavy cream
- Food coloring, a few drops as needed
- Funfetti or colored sprinkles, for garnishing
- For the blondies: Preheat oven to 154°C (310°F). Grease and 8×8 inch baking pan, or line with parchment paper. In a double-boiler or microwave oven, combine the white chocolate and butter and melt together. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and granulated sugar together until smooth. Gradually mix together the melted chocolate and egg mixtures.
2. Add the vanilla, flour, and salt; mix well. Add the funfetti and mix to blend. Pour into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top. Bake until the top is firm (the edges might brown a bit), 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
3. For the buttercream frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and confectioners sugar. Beat until very smooth, 1-2 minutes. Add the cream and vanilla; mix well. Add a few drops of red food coloring to achieve a nice pink color.
4. When the blondies are completely cool, frost thickly, and sprinkle generously with funfetti or colored sprinkles.