Creamy Cheese Cake
- 227 grams (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperaqture
- 75 ml (5 tablespoons) sugar
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 135 ml (1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon) heavy cream, at room temperature
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) corn starch
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) lemon juice
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 249°C (480°F). Wet a piece of parchment paper with water and squeeze it out. Line a 15 cm (6 inch) round pan with the wet paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs and yolk to the bowl one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Add heavy cream, vanilla extract and corn starch, and mix until blended. Add lemon juice and zest and mix until very smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Put the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 18 minutes.
4. Remove cake from oven allow to cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight. Serve chilled or at room temperature.