Summer Crab Stackers
Summer Crab Stackers make an eye-catching and delicious light summer dish that I like to serve with homemade wonton crackers. You will need a sharp chef’s knife for chopping and food rings to mold the ingredients.
- 2 avocados, cut into .6 cm/¼ inch dice
- 2 red tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 seedless English cucumber, skin on, finely diced
- 2 mangoes, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 227 grams (8 ounces) jumbo lump crab meat
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) mayonnaise
- Sliced scallions, green part only, for garnish
- In each of six 7.6 cm (3 inch) ring molds, layer about 45 ml (3 tablespoons) each of avocado, tomato, cucumber, mango and 15 ml (1 tablespoon) diced red onion. Gently remove mold.
2. Toss the crabmeat with mayonnaise to lightly coat. Place a nice dollop of the crab mixture on top of each stack. Garnish with a sprinkle of scallions. If desired, serve with crackers, store bought or homemade.