Simple Whipped Cream Topping
This recipe is featured in Simple Recipes for Joy
The secret is to use full-fat coconut milk, and it must be very cold.
- Servings Makes ½ cup
- One 10-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
1. Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. When ready to whip, remove the can from the refrigerator and gently turn it upside down, taking care not to shake it. Open the can and pour the separated liquid into a small container and set aside for use in any other dish, such as smoothies, soups, etc. It should be about ½ cup.
2. Using a spatula, scoop out the solidified “cream” and place the cream, vanilla, and sugar in a small bowl and mix using a hand whisk or an electric mixer set on high speed until the topping looks fluffy, like whipped cream. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, until the mixture is firm.