This recipe is featured in Decoding the Cocktail Menu: 5 Steps to Ordering a Drink You’ll Love
In this recipe, we’ve replaced the gin base with vermouth, making for a lower alcohol drink with a lovely, delicate flavor. It’s not too far off from the original, but enough for a genuine change of pace.
- 7 ml (¼ fl ounces) sugar
- 7 ml (¼ fl ounces) lime juice
- 74 ml (2 ½ fl ounces) dry vermouth
- Lime wheel, for garnish
1. Combine the sugar and lime juice in a cocktail shaker, and stir to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add the vermouth to the shaker.
3. Fill with ice above the level of the liquid.
4. Shake vigorously for at least 20 seconds.
5. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish.