This recipe is featured in Feeding the Restaurant Crew
- Servings Makes about 2.3 liters (2 1/2 quarts) to serve a crew
- 473 ml (2 cups) canola oil
- 3.4 liters (4 quarts) medium-diced cabbage, blanched and drained on paper towels
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) kosher salt
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) granulated sugar
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) ground black pepper
- 118 ml (½ cup) vinegar of choice
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) minced herbs of choice (chives, parsley, tarragon, cilantro)
1. Heat canola oil in a large Dutch oven or other pan over high heat.
2. When the oil is smoking, add the cabbage and stir until slightly browned and translucent.
3. Add the salt, sugar, pepper, and vinegar. Let vinegar reduce to a glaze over the cabbage.
4. Add minced herbs and serve.