Sadie’s Lemon Salmon Bake
This recipe is featured in The Girl with the Knife Tattoos
Lemon Salmon Bake is a dish I like to prepare for my family when I’m home from school. I plate with the herbs and lemon and I like to serve it with asparagus (since its my favorite veg) and roasted potato.
For the spice blend:
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) coarse salt
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) onion powder
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) garlic powder
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) paprika
- 1.3 ml (1/4 teaspoon) celery salt
- 1.3 ml (1/4 teaspoon) ground cumin
For the salmon:
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) melted butter, plus 1-2 small pats of butter, for baking
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless salmon fillet with skin on
- 4 thin lemon slices, seeds removed
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
3. Place the pats of butter, lemon slices, fresh herbs, and garlic in the middle of the paper. Lay the fish on top, skin side up. Sprinkle the reserved spice blend on the top of the skin. Fold the fish up like a package and place on a baking sheet, seam side up. Bake until the fish is pale pink and flakes easily with a fork, 15-20 minutes.
4. Open the paper with the skin still facing up. Carefully slide the paper from under the fish to remove it. Put the fish under the oven broiler on high for 2-3 minutes, just to get that skin really nice and crispy. To serve, place a long platter over the fish, flip it, and serve.