Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pear and Walnuts
Roasted Brussels sprouts with pear and walnuts make a delicious combination of bitter, sweet and crunchy all in one dish. It is the perfect side for any meal and can be enjoyed at any time of the year.
- Prep 10 min.
- Cook 45 min.
- Servings Serves 4 - 6
- 454 grams (1 pound) Brussels sprouts
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 large pear, with skin on, cored and chopped
- 118 ml (1/2 cup) roughly chopped walnuts
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) kosher salt
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) black pepper
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) pure maple syrup
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 204°C (400°F).
2. Cut brown ends off sprouts and peel outer discolored leaves. Slice them in half from bottom to top and place in a cast iron skillet along with the pear and walnuts. Drizzle with the oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
3. Roast for 45 to 50 minutes, shaking pan or stirring with spoon at least once while roasting for even browning.
4. Combine the maple syrup and Dijon mustard. Drizzle over Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.