Quick Chocolate Mousse
This recipe is featured in Turning Kids Into Cooks
- Servings Makes 4 to 6 servings
For the mousse:
- 355 ml (⅔ cup) confectioners sugar
- 79 ml (⅓ cup) Dutch-process cocoa
- 315 ml (1⅓ cups) well-chilled whipping cream
For the topping:
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) confectioners sugar
- 59 ml (¼ cup) whipping cream
- Fresh raspberries
1. For the mousse: Sift together the confectioners sugar and the cocoa. Place in a large mixing bowl and add the cream. Beat until the mixture forms soft peaks (do not whip too stiff!). Pipe or spoon into bowls.
2. For the topping: Combine the confectioners sugar and cream in a small bowl and whisk into soft peaks. Add a rosette or dollop to the top of each bowl of mousse. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Top each bowl with a few raspberries, and serve.