Pumpkin Walnut Muffins
This recipe is featured in Pumpkin: A Contemplation
- Servings 12 large muffins
- 300 g (2 cups) flour
- 131 g (¾ cup) light brown sugar
- 9.8 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 1.2 ml (¼ tsp) baking soda
- 2.4 ml (½ tsp) salt
- 2.4 ml (½ tsp) each of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) sour cream
- 240 ml (1 cup) pumpkin purée
- 59 ml (4 tbsp) butter, melted
- 10 g (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 120 ml (½ cup) or more walnuts, chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350ºF.
2. Butter and flour a 12-muffin muffin tin. Mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. In another bowl beat the eggs with a wire whisk for a minute or two. Blend in the sour cream, then add the pumpkin, butter and vanilla. Fold the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just combined. Fold in the nuts. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups three quarters full.
3. Bake 18-20 minutes or until the muffins are springy on top and a tester comes away clean.