Nicola Gerreli’s Yorkshire Pudding
This recipe is featured in Yorkshire Pudding
- 113 grams (4 ounces or 1 cup) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 to 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 236 ml (1 cup) milk
- 118 ml (½ cup) fatty pan drippings from roast beef, or lard, or vegetable oil
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the flour and salt.
2. Add the egg(s) and mix well.
3. Add milk and beat until it makes a thin batter. Allow to stand for 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to gas mark 7/220° C (425° F).
5. Pour the dripping, lard or oil into a large, shallow, heavy pan like a cast-iron skillet.
6. Place in the oven until the drippings are very hot. Immediately pour the batter into the hot pan and return to the oven.
7. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.