This recipe is featured in West Indian Beach Picnic
- Servings Serves 4
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 250 grams (2 cups) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 93 grams (1 cup) shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 125 ml (½ cup) melted vegan butter or coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons almond milk or as needed to bring dough together
1. Preheat oven to 177° C/350° F. Lightly grease and flour and 20 x 20 cm (8×8 inch) pan and set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients together, using as much milk as needed to form a stiff dough.
3. Knead for five minutes until bowl is fairly clean and dough is smooth and not sticky.
4. Divide dough into four equal pieces and form into logs. Place in the baking pan.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. Cool and serve.