Air Fryer Parmesan Cheese Chicken Wings
I serve Air Fryer Parmesan Cheese Chicken Wings when I’m watching movies with friends. Because of the size of my air fryer, they have be done in batches but they cook quickly. I made the recipe up after seeing someone add cheese to wings and I thought of the combination of garlic, pepper, Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. I find them addictive. I love the taste of the Parmesan cheese and the garlic and pepper seasoning. Wings are a great snack anytime – I have them at least once a week.
- 1 kg (2.2 pounds) chicken wings
- Pink salt , as needed
- Freshly cracked black pepper, as needed
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) minced garlic, or garlic powder to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, as needed
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) finely chopped fresh curly parsley
To learn more:
Parmesan: What is Parmigiano Reggianp?
- Put the chicken wings in a bowl and pay dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with pink sea salt and cracked black pepper and rub into the wings. Place the bowl, uncovered, in the fridge for a few hours to dry out the wings a bit more.
2. Preheat an air fryer to 190°C (375°F). Meanwhile, bring the wings to room temperature and toss with olive oil, turning to coat them. Put wings into the air fryer and cook until they are golden and crispy, about 20 minutes.
3. Once they are done, place the wings in a bowl and sprinkle with garlic and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Toss, adding more cheese to your taste. This will melt the cheese onto the hot wings. Add parsley and toss again to mix.
4. To serve, arrange the wings on a plate or board, and grate some more Parmesan cheese on top.