Egg Salad Sandwich
This recipe is from The Fresh Egg Cookbook by Jennifer Trainer Thompson, published by Storey Publishing, LLC.
- Servings Makes 2 sandwiches
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery stalk, string removed, diced
- ½ small yellow onion, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole-grain bread
1. Coarsely chop the eggs or lightly mash them in a medium bowl. Add the mayonnaise and blend. Add the celery, onion, bell popper, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Toast the bread, place some lettuce on two slices, top with the egg salad, and then top with the remaining two slices of bread. Serve immediately.