Bourbon Peach Smash
This recipe is featured in Drinks for Welcoming Fall
To make this drink, you’ll need to think ahead. The Allspice Bourbon in it needs to infuse for 7 to 10 days before it is ready to use.
- Servings Makes 1 cocktail
For the Bourbon Peach Smash
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) fresh diced peaches, plus 5 ml (1 teaspoon) for garnish
- 15 ml (½ fl ounce) lemon juice
- 1 torn mint leaf
- 15 ml (½ fl ounce) simple syrup
- 2 dashes bitters
- 44 ml (1½ fl ounces) Allspice Bourbon (see NOTE)
- Mint leaf, for garnish
NOTE: For the Allspice Bourbon (Makes 700 ml /24 fl ounces)
In a container combine one 700 ml (24 fl ounces) bottle Jim Beam bourbon; 8 cm (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, roughly chopped; 10 allspice berries, crushed; 2 cinnamon sticks; 5 ml (1 teaspoon) freshly ground nutmeg. Allow to infuse at room temperature for 7 to 10 days. Strain into a bottle or other container.
1. For the Allspice Bourbon: Place all ingredients into covered container and allow to infuse at room temperature for 7 to 10 days. Strain into a bottle or other container.
2. For the Bourbon Peach Smash: In a cocktail shaker muddle 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of the peaches, lemon juice, mint, simple syrup, and bitters. Add Allspice Bourbon (see recipe) and ice, and shake until very cold. Strain over crushed ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a mint leaf and 5 ml (1 teaspoon) fresh peaches.
For the Allspice Bourbon