Baked Stuffed Shrimp
This recipe is featured in Wild About Shrimp
- Servings Makes 4 servings
- 16 to 20 Colossal (U-12) wild American shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail left on
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 33 grams (⅓ cup) finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 150 grams (1½ cups) coarsely crushed crackers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice, as needed
1. Preheat an oven to 177° C/350° F. Cut carefully through the back curve of each shrimp enough to butterfly it and press it open without cutting all the way through. Place the shrimp around a round shallow baking dish so that the tails meet in the center.
2. Place the cracker crumbs in a bowl and set aside. In a skillet over low heat, melt the butter. Add the celery, onion, and garlic, and sauté until the onion is tender. Pour the butter and vegetables into the bowl of cracker crumbs, and mix well. Add the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Place an equal portion of stuffing onto each shrimp, mounding it lightly. Bake until the shrimp are cooked and the stuffing is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, drizzle with lemon juice, and serve.